ARMBrix zero vs. Arndale Board: which one to buy for Ubuntu?

Discussion of OPENBRIX Zero project. (ARMBRIX changed name to OPENBRIX.)

Re: ARMBrix zero vs. Arndale Board: which one to buy for Ubu

Postby zester » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:58 pm

Patola wrote:Thanks for the response. Now, which one should I buy, given what I said? Will the images of the boards be compatible?

If you have the $249.00 USD then get the Arndale Board it has a LOT of extra features (Accelerator Sensor, Gyro, Compass, Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth and FM transmitter/receiver), but if your like me and are on a budget $145 and you only want the board for the GPU features OpenGL ES 1,2,3?, GLSL ES, OpenVG, EGL, OpenCL then get the ARMBrix zero. If you live in the usa keep in mind that the fedx shipping from South Korea cost $40 - $45

It looks like Ubuntu is already working on this board I have to find that link and you also have Android.

There the same board one just has a bunch of extra features.

Postby zester » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:07 pm

Postby younglee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Patola wrote:Thanks for the response. Now, which one should I buy, given what I said? Will the images of the boards be compatible?

It is not ideal case. It is hard to keep 100% compatible. However target is keep maintaining compatible with ARNDALE board.
When we got the first board of Openbrix Zero, bring-up took only one day by using SW from ARNDALE board.

Only a few parts are different with ARNDALE board.

Thanks,

Postby cnxsoft » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:20 pm

zester wrote:. If you live in the usa keep in mind that the fedx shipping from South Korea cost $40 - $45

It would be good if howchip.com could also offer shipping via Korea Post. This would lower the shipping costs (and potentially import taxes), even though it would take longer to ship.

Postby djrizzz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:37 am

You know, this lack of response certainly contributes for me to wonder if there is any benefit in buying this product. I certainly wouldn't recomend unsupported hardware for people out there, even if it is a development board...
remo

Previous

Return to OPENBRIX Project