Request embedded displayport breakout on next ARMBRIX Rel

Discussion of OPENBRIX Zero project. (ARMBRIX changed name to OPENBRIX.)

Request embedded displayport breakout on next ARMBRIX Rel

Postby BillFleming » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Now that we finally have the pinout of the 3 expansion headers, it looks like the embedded display port signals are not connected to them.
This is very disappointing as one of the Exynos' main differentiating features (or the main differentiating feature) is built-in display port signaling.
I would like to sell some high res display port LCDs to connect to the ARMBRIX board.
Can these signals be added to the next release? It will only require 10 signal pins plus ground.

Re: Request embedded displayport breakout on next ARMBRIX Re

Postby younglee » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:55 pm

BillFleming wrote:Now that we finally have the pinout of the 3 expansion headers, it looks like the embedded display port signals are not connected to them.
This is very disappointing as one of the Exynos' main differentiating features (or the main differentiating feature) is built-in display port signaling.
I would like to sell some high res display port LCDs to connect to the ARMBRIX board.
Can these signals be added to the next release? It will only require 10 signal pins plus ground.

Pins for eDP is not in current version, of course. Main reason is that high-resolution LCD is not easy to buy and requirement for this is too small.
Technically adding eDP pins is not so difficult because that was tested on ARNDALE board for 10.1" WQXGA from Samsung display. It seems Samsung display doesn't want to sale this to open market now.
Other thing is I have not surveyed bigger LCD with high resolution like WQXGA yet. If you give me information about those kind of LCD, I will try to check whether it can work thru eDP.

Thanks,

Return to OPENBRIX Project